According to the Better Hearing Institute, maintaining healthy hearing has been shown to:
• Improve communication in relationships
• Communicate with less effort.
• Increase earning potential
• Improve sense of control over your life
• Increase social participation
• Improve emotional stability
HEARING LOSS - SYMPTOMS
Hearing loss tends to occur gradually and typically without pain. Therefor, you might not even realize that your hearing has decreased. However, there are early warning signs:
HEARING LOSS - CAUSES
The primary causes of hearing loss are:
HEARING LOSS - TYPES
There are four major types of hearing loss. The type of loss you have will determine the treatment.
HEARING LOSS - TREATMENTS
There are several ways to prevent and treat hearing loss. Depending on your unique situation, the following treatments may be recommended.