Earn $50 while supporting a fellow colleague and her research. The details from Dr. Urbanski are listed below.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Adults aged 65+ with a diagnosis of early-stage Alzheimer’s Disease or other dementia
- Care partners (family members/significant others) aged 21+ of an older adult (age 65+) with diagnosis of early-stage Alzheimer’s Disease or other dementia
- Care professionals aged 21+ who provide professional care and/or support for older adults with early-stage Alzheimer’s Disease or other dementia
WHAT DOES PARTICIPATION INVOLVE?
- Participation in an approximately 90-minute Zoom online focus group interview
- Completion of short online survey questionnaires
WHAT IS THIS STUDY ABOUT?
Age-related hearing loss has a significant negative effect on communication and quality of life, but not everyone with hearing loss uses hearing aids. We want to learn more about hearing aid use in older adults with early-stage Alzheimer’s or other dementia. Our aim is to improve hearing aid design and delivery for this population.
WILL I BE COMPENSATED?
Participants will be compensated $50 for participating in this study.